The philosophy of the north is the Holy Teaching School Alliance is a solid which is based on a partnership and co-operation between the school and the community, and the wider school community is always evolving and improving teaching and learning for the benefit of students and the communities in which we operate.
Underpinning this vision and reflected throughout the work of the Alliance is a strong Catholic ethos.
Aims and Initial Priorities
The aim of the national college for teaching and leadership is teaching, schools and three key areas to support the structure of teaching and learning. The North of the Saints Teaching school alliance will focus on these three key areas to raise standards in schools by ensuring self-sufficiency and improving the quality of teaching and quality management.
The three key areas:
- School to School Support: The Alliance will focus on creating and supporting school improvement networks. This will be achieved by:
- Responding to the needs of schools within the Alliance
- Responding to requests from other schools
- SLE recruitment and deployment
- Workforce Development: The alliance recognizes the need to ensure that the talent in the teaching profession is to foster and maintain, at the same time the improvement of student outcomes. It focuses on the improvement of the schools, and providing for the future of the supply chain of talent in our schools, the alliance will:
- Strengthen and develop networks across schools within the Alliance
- Provide opportunities for research and professional development
- Work to realise talent and grow teaching and leadership potential within and between schools
- Initial Teacher Training: Linked to the above area, it is critical that schools attract, develop and retain effective teachers. In order to achieve this, led by the Teaching School the Alliance will:
- Improve links with primary schools within the Alliance
- Maintain strong links with Teach First
- Support the transition and training of teacher trainees to become excellent teachers
- Focus on recruitment into underrepresented areas